Skip to content

US Expats in Canada

Canadian taxation and filing requirements change considerably depending on your tax residency.


Whether you are a resident or a non-resident, leaving for overseas or a new arrival in Canada, we can facilitate the preparation of your tax return. Your tax return will be prepared by a registered tax agent who specializes in US expatriate taxation, ensuring your taxes are prepared correctly and that you take advantage of all the expatriate concessions available.

Important facts you need to know

Being a US Citizen or Green Card Holder in Canada means there are several tax requirements to stay compliant in the US.  


Some helpful advice from a genuine specialist

Why partner with a specialist Expat accountant?

Living outside the USA can make your tax filing requirements quite complicated and to make sure you pay the absolute minimum it’s critical that your accountant understands every aspect and avenue to deliver the lowest tax liability possible. We have a dedicated team of tax accountants that work exclusively with US Expats that work, earn and invest in Canada.

Meet Renate and Khandra, specialists for US Expats living and working in Canada 





Renate Tanaka
EA, Tax Director

• US-CA Filing
• Foreign Trusts Specialist
• 27yrs of expat tax experience

read more..




Khandra Wong
Senior Tax Manager

• US-AU Filing
• Renunciation
• 17yrs of expat tax experience

read more..