Skip to content
Renounce Banner


Renouncing US citizenship is becoming a bittersweet reality for many Americans living abroad. Of course, it’s a very serious matter and must be carefully considered. The process once complete is irreversible. Travel to the US may require a Visa, or whatever is typically required by a person from the country that you’re also a citizen of.

I’d like to talk to someone about
renouncing my U.S citizenship



1. Your latest 5 years of federal tax returns, prepared and filed.
2. $2,350 USD ready to pay the US Embassy.

Arrow icon

You’ll need the following documents:

1. Evidence of U.S. Citizenship (such as your most recent U.S. passport or U.S. birth certificate, if you are not in possession of your U.S. passport)
2. U.S. Consular Report of Birth Abroad, if applicable
3. Bio-pages of all current foreign passports
4. Certificates of Naturalization for any country, including the United States, if applicable
5. Certificates of Citizenship for any country, including the United States, if applicable
6. Evidence of any name changes, if applicable (for instance marriage or divorce certificates, court orders or deed polls)

Embassy Interview:

* Once you have the above in order, you can schedule your appointment at your local US embassy.
* Most Embassies allow you to book online or over the phone.
* You’ll need Form DS 4079 which we provide within our Renunciation Packages, completed and checked.
* You’ll need to pay the embassy $2,350 USD or equivalent in your currency, and most embassies accept card payments.
* Renunciation will become official on reciting the Oath of Renunciation and you will be issued a Certificate of Loss of Nationality of the United States.